Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Nothing like a midweek pick-me-up

Hello, friends!

This post will remain somewhat short. I haven't posted anything since last summer, but want to start writing again...mostly cause I want to document Eviebug's growth, but also because I want a way to track my kitchen encounters!

For those of you new here, I have begun cultivating a deep love of cooking and baking. When Husband left for his year of work away from home, I realized I had a lot of free time (This was obviously pre-bug). I started volunteering one day a week at an outpatient clinic on base and starting baking goodies to bring in. I know I love homemade Yum and figured others did as well.

This led to experimenting with new recipes and types of delicacies that have mostly turned out absolutely delicious. I don't have nearly as much time to bake these days, but am making it a point to pursue intentional relationships through community. My goal is to have company over once a week or so (at least once every other week) and to specifically plan out my meals for these events.

I am also really looking forward to facilitating a Bible study here soon and am thrilled at the prospect of getting to make more goodies. Here is what I made tonight: Quiche and triple berry cobbler. YUM.



But first! But FIRST! Here is my beautiful bug. Evangeline Annmarie. Evie. Eviebug. Gah. She is so darn cute!




Okay. Now onto the bacon!

Mmm. Delicious bacon.
Fry those bad boys up...then chop 'em.

Get your supplies and other such pertinents.
Cheese, eggs, veggies, milk/cream.











Take about 8-10 eggs and whisk them together.

Add your cream, cheese, bacon, veggies, seasoning.

Pour into your crust and bake at 400 for 45 mins to an hour.


So good. So ridiculously good.

So good, in fact, that I forgot to document the cobbler.
Take my word on it. Amazing. Triple Berry Amazing.

Here was my other fun friend this afternoon: Dakota. D-Dog.

And another picture of Eviebug. I couldn't resist!




No comments:

Post a Comment