Sunday, August 31, 2014

Labor Day

Hello, friends!

I hope you're enjoying your 4-day weekend as much as I am!


If I had to choose an image to sum up the past several days it would be this:


A beautiful desert sunset to match the beautiful weather. Finally...the end may be in sight. The endless days of summer and scorching heat may soon pave the way for cooler (dare I say autumnal?!) evenings and necessitate my absolute favorite accessory: scarves!

I digress.


Labor Day 2014 has been a relaxing one. Husband Orion's mother came into town for the week and graciously watched Miss Bug so we could get a couple days to ourselves. While it was wonderful not having to worry about feedings, diaper changes, and bedtime, we still found ourselves missing her.

It is amazing how parenting can change you.

Food caught in your hair, spit-up on your shoulder, or smelling vaguely of poop suddenly seems to pale in comparison to the victory of nap time, the bliss of brief silence, or the blessing of a tiny smile.

This cutie patootie has been responsible for my paradigm shift.




















Sorry! Guess this mama had a little too much coffee earlier. Seriously, though, guys. She is adorable.

Orion and I thoroughly enjoyed the time off. We caught a movie, stayed up late watching TV, slept in, hit the pool, and talked about very mature, philosophical topics.

("So, if you were in a superhero universe, would you want to be an average human with extraordinary skills/powers, or a humanoid alien living on earth, or a human with special skills in outer space?")

All in all, it was a great staycation made even better by knowing that our sweet girl was in excellent hands. We're pretty sure Gma Dee was happy having Bug all to herself, as well.

Tomorrow is sure to be a good one, too. I've got steak and potatoes planned for the big meal. My man is all about the meat and potatoes. I try to hint that he should eat more veggies. Okay, maybe not so much hint as 'blatantly point out that too much of anything can be bad and he should really watch his cholesterol so he can live a nice long life to 90.'

Ahem.

Subtlety was never my strong suit.

Anyway, enjoy your days off, folks! I'll check in on Tuesday.





Just for kicks, here is one last breathtaking shot from our hotel room this weekend. Stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment